A Call to Battle: The War of 1812 is a fictional diary written for the I Am Canada series. It was published in September 2012 and authored by Gillian Chan. The book was followed by Storm the Fortress in February 2013.
- "In memory of Jimmy Durrant 1921-2010
A wonderful father"
- "Some said the Americans were going to march on Burlington Heights, then York. I hoped the Americans would invade. Then surely every man and boy would be called to defend our homes. I would be able to show Father and Angus just what I could do—and that would be to fight to the death, not run away and hide.
Sandy is determined to join the militia whether his father consents or not. At thirteen he's as strong as a man and a better shot than most. He knows he can help defend their land...And if his father won't change his mind, Sandy will have to take matters into his own hands."
- Main article: List of A Call to Battle characters
- Main article: Gillian Chan
- "The publisher wishes to thank Barbara Hehner for her attention to the factual details, and Dr. Ross Fair, Ryerson University, for sharing his historical expertise."
|I Am Canada|