Battle of Britain is a book written by Chris Priestley, his only in the series. It was the fourth book in My Story to feature a male protagonist. The book was first published in April 2002 by Scholastic UK. It was reissued three times in May 2008, July 2013, and November 2016.
- "For my sister, Bonny"
- "October 1940
I was out, free of my aircraft, tumbling wildly in the air. I pulled the ripcord. I was jerked back by the parachute as air punched into it and I swung there like a puppet, winded and gasping for breath. I looked down at my leg. It felt like a bear was gnawing on it but it was still in one piece. For now, anyway. Then I heard it–right behind me. An Me109 diving towards me, guns blazing. There was nothing I could do. Nowhere I could go. Shells whistled past me on either side. I just thought, OK then. If this is it, OK. Maybe my turn had finally come..."
- "It's 1939 and Harry Woods is a Spitfire pilot in the RAF. When his friend Lenny loses his leg in a dogfight with the Luftwaffe, Harry is determined to fight on. That is, until his plane is hit and he finds himself tumbling through the air high above the English Channel..."
- Main article: List of Battle of Britain characters
- Main article: Chris Priestley
- ↑ https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/0439994233/
- ↑ https://www.amazon.ca/My-Story-Britain-England-1939-1941/dp/0439938813/
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/13533
- ↑ https://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Stories-Boys-Story-Collections/dp/1407108689/
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/89236
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/108976
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/111674