Blitz: The Diary of Edie Benson was the third book in Scholastic UK's My Story. It was written by Vince Cross, his first in the series. The book was first published in April 2001, and reissued twice in May 2008 and October 2014.
- "For my grandparents: Ella May and Bertie, Isobel and William"
- "Friday 30th August, 1940
Last night was very still and clear. As Dad went out for the evening shift, he looked up and said grimly, "If they're ever going to come, it'll be on a night like this." And sure enough, the first air-raid warning came at a few minutes past nine. Mum was out at the ARP post, and Shirl, Tom, and I were huddled together in the shelter with Chamerlain. Shirl's teeth were chattering already. "Cor blimey!" she said. "What's it going to be like in the middle of winter? I've got no feeling in my toes at all." I could see Tom was about to open his mouth and say something clever when we heard the first explosion, and then two more following close on the first one..."
- "It's 1940 and with London under fire Edie and her little brother are evacuated to Wales. Miles from home and missing her family, Edie is determined to be strong, but when life in the countryside proves tougher than in the capital she is torn between obeying her parents and protecting her brother..."
- ""I don't want to leave you and dad," I wept. "I couldn't bear it if anything happened."
It's 1940, and Edie is being evacuated to Wales along with her brother, Tom. Far from home and missing her family, Edie is determined to be strong, but life in the countryside proves to be much tougher than it was in London. Should Edie stick it out as her parents would want, or do something to protect her little brother?"
- Main article: List of Blitz characters
- Main article: Vince Cross
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.