- "To Nathan and Niall"
- "6 June 1944
As I made my way forward I wondered whether the landing craft's interior would be swept by machine gun fire when the ramp went down. "We've come in too far to the right!" I heard myself shouting, "Bear left as soon as we're ashore and run like hell!" The men, their faces set, nodded dumbly. There was a screech of tortured metal as we scraped past one of the obstacles. I was horrified to see that a large explosive charge was attached to it. To my intense relief, the charge did not detonate, but I had no time to reflect on the subject as the craft slithered to a standstill on the sand and the ramp went down."
- "It's 1944 when Lieutenant Andy Pope takes part in the D-Day landings, crossing the English Channel to the beaches of Normandy. Ordered to cut off the Germans' line of retreat, Andy's company comes under sustained attack until, as the only unwounded officer left, Andy finds himself in command and fighting for survival..."
- Main article: List of D-Day characters
- Main article: Bryan Perrett
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/D-Day-My-Story-Bryan-Perrett/dp/0439967899
- ↑ https://www.amazon.ca/My-Story-D-Day-Lieutenant-Normandy/dp/0545994268/
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/13535
- ↑ https://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Stories-Boys-Story-Collections/dp/1407108689/
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/88888
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/104487
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/111674
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.