Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Samanthafan09 (currently active)
- Block other users from editing
- Lock/Unlock (protect), Delete/Undelete and Move (rename) pages and files
- Quickly revert the edits of the last user who edited a page (rollback)
- Edit and/or Delete comments/posts if they violate the Policies
- Promote/Demote users to/from: Chat Moderators
Bureaucrats have the same abilities as administrators. The following are bureaucrat only functions:
- Promote users to: Bureaucrat, Administrator and Rollback
- Demote users from: Administrator, Rollback and Bot
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Hana Yori Dango Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or Forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.