Kathryn Lasky (born June 24, 1944) is an American children's author. She is also known for writing The Night Journey, Wolves of the Beyond, and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. Lasky has written adult novels under the pseudonyms Kathryn Lasky Knight and E.L. Swann.
Kathryn Lasky grew up in a Jewish family in Indianapolis, Indiana. She lived in the suburbs with her parents and sister, Martha. Lasky went to the University of Michigan, where she majored in English.
While working as a school teacher, she met her husband Christopher Knight. After sailing the Atlantic Ocean together, Lasky had her first child and wrote her first children's book. She has two children named Max and Meribah
- A Journey to the New World (1996)
- Dreams in the Golden Country (1998)
- Christmas After All (2001)
- A Time for Courage (2002)
- Elizabeth I: Red Rose of the House of Tudor (1999)
- Marie Antoinette: Princess of Versailles (2000)
- Mary, Queen of Scots: Queen Without a Country (2002)
- Jahanara: Princess of Princesses (2002)
- Kazunomiya: Prisoner of Heaven (2004)
- The Night Journey (1981)
- Sugaring Time (1983)
- Starbuck Family Adventures (1991-1993)
- True North (1996)
- Marven of the Great North Woods (1997)
- Dancing Through Fire (2005) - Portraits series, book 1
- Broken Song (2005) - companion to The Night Journey
- Guardians of Ga'Hoole (2003-2013)
- Wolves of the Beyond (2010-2013)
- Christmas After All is based on the family and experiences of Lasky's mother, as well as some of Lasky's own memories.
- Lasky is friends and neighbors with Lois Lowry, author of Like the Willow Tree.