Survival in the Storm: The Dust Bowl Diary of Grace Edwards is a historical fiction book by Katelan Janke. It is the twenty-ninth entry in the Dear America series. The book was published in November 2002 by Scholastic.
- "With love for Annalee, my sister and forever friend."
- "Sunday, April 14, 1935
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a storm grew on the horizon–a duster bigger and blacker than any we had ever seen. Mama sent Ruth to quickly pull the dish towels off the clothesline while Daddy rushed to the barn to secure the livestock and Brownie. I quickly helped Mama hang dampened sheets in the doorways and windows, a routine too familiar. After a few minutes, Ruth had still not returned.... I panicked and I ran over the hill, searching. To my relief, Ruth was a few hundred yards away, chasing after a blowing white towel. I cried out her name and ran all the way to her. When I reached my sister... we were far from the house, and the storm was rolling closer and closer, swallowing up the sky as it came. I knew we couldn't make it home."
- Main article: List of Survival in the Storm characters
- Main article: Katelan Janke
- Interview with Katelan Janke about Survival in the Storm at Scholastic
- Survival in the Storm Discussion Guide at Scholastic
- Survival in the Storm Booktalk at Scholastic