Twentieth-Century Girl: The Diary of Flora Bonnington, also titled 1900: A Brand New Century, is a My Story book written by Carol Drinkwater. It was Drinkwater's second book for the series. The book was published by Scholastic UK in July 2001 and republished in March 2010.
- "To every young girl who has a special dream. Believe in yourself, work hard for your dream, and fight for it. Those dreams can change the world we live in."
- "22nd December, 1899
Time is marching forward, carrying us over the threshold and pitching us, willy nilly, into a new century. The prospect of growing up in that unexplored territory is so thrilling that I fancy, if I close my eyes tight, I can almost see the process taking place! A day slips away like sand in a sand glass and then another say dawns and so we are caught up in their inevitable passage towards 1900. I bought a journal and have begun to transfer my scribblings of the last few days into it. It will record my journey into the new century. I shall call it "Twentieth-Century Girl", for that is what I intend to be!"
- "Christmas 1899. It's an exciting time to be young; the twentieth century is dawning. It's a thrilling world of new ideas, new possibilities and new inventions–phonographs, automobiles and moving pictures... Fourteen-year-old Flora is determined to take advantage of everything the new century has to offer, but how will she persuade her stuffy strait-laced father..."
- Main article: List of Twentieth-Century Girl characters
- Main article: Carol Drinkwater
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Twentieth-Century-Girl-Bonnington-1899-1900/dp/0439999413/
- ↑ https://www.amazon.fr/laube-XXe-siècle-Bonnington-1899-1900/dp/2070617408/ (French)
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/73188
- ↑ https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/87216
- ↑ https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B06ZZQ9FHC/ (Chinese)